Saturday, 15 January 2022

Trip 5 - The Passage Inn Britstop (Jan 2022) 2*

15/01/2022

Our first britstop! 

I emailed ahead a few nights ago , Louise (the manager) booked us a table and said we were welcome to use her car park overnight. 

Lovely area, nice pub, car park is muddy though.

Went into pub for a coffee, and to let Louise know we had arrived.  Got some tomato soup, with slightly toasted bread.  Very busy, full of walkers and some locals. 

Off for a walk next, a/c along the salmon & hare routes which takes us around the coast of the Severn and through some fields. We passed the 'West End Farm & Campsite'. Seemed really basic, 5 gravel hardstands with EHU and a toilet block. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/ZrqpZ8NaQmb 

It was really muddy around the walk though. May be a better walk in the summer? 

Meal booked for 7.45 tonight in the pub, will go earlier for a beer or two 🍺 

Watched a bit of telly in the van, then pub at 7.

Pate on toast for starters, then steak with two pints of "Rare Bread pale ale" for me, steak and a cider and coke for Laura.

Stuffed! Back to the van...

Hmm. I didn't sleep too well as I was thinking that I needed to use the toilet after a big meal, and it kinda spoiled it for me as I would normally use the camp site toilet. Maybe brit stopping isn't for me? Lau liked it though.