10.06.2022 Friday - to Skomer!
Before my first trip in Beti on my own, I'm taking Laura to Dale ready for Skomer (for her volunteering week) starting Saturday. Arrived after a slight 30 min detour. Who knew there were two "Dales" so close to each other?
Landlady & her B&B were like something out of Downton Abbey, lovely though.
Laura's not feeling it this year though - "this is the last time, remind me next year" she said. Mind you, she said that last time too...!
The landlady recommended a lovely place to eat, Coco's.
Our view from Cocos
We went back in the B&B for 9.30, as were up early in the morning to unload food and baggage for Laura's week volunteering. I hope she enjoys it this year as much as she has in previous years.
Dropped Laura off for the boat to Skomer. We drove down and dropped off her food and bags, then I left so I could get home via Merthyr Tydfil and get dad's birthday present. I managed to get home with an hour to spare before going back out in the van to Raglan.
The reason for me going alone in Beti to Raglan? A surprise 60th party for Steve & Julie.
I arrived at 2pm, Vaughan straight after. We parked up next to each other, and the tree boys and others had already camped in front of our vans.
Party started, lots of drinking, then a good buffet with ice cream afters (pizza from a pizza oven too). I'm writing this at 22:00 after buying one last pint of Birre Moretti. There is also a live band playing, pretty good. Had a dance as everyone else was! So me and Vaughan had to dance cos we looked like two Billy no-mates at a school disco. It was a fun dance though.
Lots of people asked after Laura - Steve, Julie, Scott etc. I gave them both their bottles from me & Lau earlier in the day.
Looking forward to sleeping in the van later, I got my food ready for breakfast. Vaughan has it in his fridge as mine isn't working of the gas. Got to look into that in the morning. Might be the bottle is empty???
My bed is ready...
My single bed for the night cos Laura isn't with me!
12.06.22 Sunday
Got up and had a cooked breakfast with Vaughan and Adele.
Had to change the gas bottle as the small one had run out. Might go buy another large bottle from Llantrisant.
Scott was so drunk last night that he was sick in his tent, decided to do a forward roll to get out of his tent and - surprisingly - was sick again! A few of the others were sick in their tents too. Their other halves were not happy and one couple left early hours, about 4am and left the tent there...
All in all, a great night out 🤣

